Spirit of Bhutan
with Punakha Festival
Punakha Festival is famous for re-enacting Bhutan's war with Tibet. Witness religious dances performed by monks in spectacular costumes. Beyond The Clouds has secured hotels and flights for this much sought after event.
This 8-night escorted tour takes you at a leisurely pace to the best of Western Bhutan so that you can really soak up the rich culture and stunning scenery. Spend 2 nights near Punakha, the place where traditionally the Kings of Bhutan have been crowned. Then settle in amongst locals at the Punakha festival to watch a dramatic re-enactment of the 17th century battle with the Tibetan army.
Visit Thimpu, one of the world’s smallest capital cities, and the only one in the world without traffic lights! Enjoy a city walk and visit Trashi Chhoe Dzong. Visit the Memorial Chorten, Buddha Point, Folk Heritage Museum, National Library and the School of Traditional Arts and Crafts. Before leaving Bhutan, climb to the Tiger's Nest Monastery perched on a cliff over a stunning valley. The spirit of Bhutan Journey is perfect for those who want to explore Bhutan off season and witness the unique festival.
8 NIGHT tour
DEPARTS: paro, bhutan
25th February - 5th March 2018
Custom dates are also available on request
Minimum group size: 1 (subject to surcharges)
* Price based on twin share accommodation. Single room supplement available for US$45 per night, subject to availability.
Find out approximate trip price in your own currency here
- International airfare to Bhutan. (This can be arranged for you. Please contact us for details).
- Stopover hotel if needed
- Comprehensive travel insurance. Click here for an insurance quote.
- Additional activities e.g. massage, hot stone bath and some spa activities
- Alcoholic or soft drinks
- Tips for guide or driver
- Transport by private mini bus
- All meals, mineral water, tea and coffee
- 8 nights comfortable hotel accommodation
- All entrance fees at monasteries and museums
- Bhutan visa, Bhutan government tourism royalties and local taxes
- English speaking Bhutanese guide
Arrive in Paro, Bhutan: You will be met at the airport by your guide and travel to your hotel just outside Paro. Visit Paro Dzong, the National Museum and the famous Nyamai Zam Bridge. Overnight: Paro.
Paro to Punakha: Travel from Paro to Punakha via the Dochu La Pass (3,140 m) Visit the Temple of Fertility in the afternoon. Glimpse the festival at Punakha Dzong. Overnight: Wangdue Phodrang.
Punakha Festival: Attend Punakha Festival. Overnight: Wangdue Phodrang.
Thimpu: Drive to Thimpu. City walk and visit Trashi Choe Dzong. Overnight: Thimpu.
Thimpu: Visit the Memorial Chorten, Buddha Point, Folk Heritage museum, National Library and the School of Traditional Arts and Crafts. Visit the Bhutan National Post Office and the Takin Reserve. Overnight: Thimpu.
Haa: Drive to Haa. Explore the picturesque Haa Valley. Overnight: Haa.
Paro: Return to Paro and visit Kyichu Lhakhang. Overnight: Paro
Paro: Tiger's Nest excursion. Overnight: Paro.