Tibet Student Journeys
Universities, schools and club groups student travel packages
tailor made experiences
Do you want your students to experience the wider world beyond the classroom?
Let them see first-hand how people from an entirely different culture live and work?
Explore a part of the world that has captivated travellers for years?
Beyond The Clouds offers well planned, tailor made student travel packages to Tibet. These are designed specifically for your school, university or club, to enable you to experience the real Tibet with ease, with expert guides and a wide range of activities.
We work with you to design a tour that fits your group’s interests or curriculum needs, to ensure that your students get the most out of their time on the roof of the world, besides the incredible photos and memories. Our youth focused travel packages will make your tour in China and Tibet easy and enjoyable.
In Tibet your students will not only learn about Tibetan culture, but also about themselves: leadership skills, team building, and problem solving are just some of the long-lasting benefits of adventurous travel for student groups. This once in a lifetime journey will challenge them to grow and appreciate the world in new and different ways. They will learn the value of responsibility and community service in inspiring surroundings that they will never forget.
No matter what the focus of your educational trip to Tibet is, every student tour package includes an introduction to Tibetan culture, history and lifestyle. Whether you’re seeking a wilderness adventure, cultural experience or community service opportunity we can make it happen, and design a tailor-made itinerary just right for your group.
These are some of the experiences available for student tours in Tibet:
- Visit a traditional textile workshop and learn the cultural significance of the designs
- Join a history guide to learn details of the fascinating and complex history of this region
- Stay in a homestay with a local Tibetan family and learn about their customs and lifestyle
- Visit ancient ruins of Tibet’s lost Kingdom of Guge
- Try a traditional Tibetan art form by visiting a Thangka painting centre
- Join local farmers and learn about their agricultural systems
- Gain awareness of China’s ethnic minorities in the world’s largest growing economy
- Complete a 3 to 6-day trek in the backcountry
- Try basic rock climbing and rappelling, and learn about basic rock and rope safety
- Camp with Tibetan nomads to experience a lifestyle that pre-dates modernity by thousands of years on a 2 to 6-day horse trek
- Ride bamboo bikes through Tibetan countryside
- Capture incredible images on a photography trip to authentic Tibetan villages
- Visit a glacier and learn about the physiological effects of high elevation
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites and iconic historical sites like the Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple in Lhasa
- Take a trip to the world’s highest peak: Everest Base Camp
Profits from Beyond The Clouds journeys support the work of our non-profit organisation, First Steps Himalaya, which works to improve education at grassroots level in rural Nepal. Our Early Years education projects are located in Sindhupalchok, Nepal where we refurbish classrooms and train and support teachers in child friendly teaching methods.
Our team of in house travel experts carefully plan all our Himalayan journeys. Our Tibet coordinator has lived and travelled extensively in Tibet and uses her local knowledge and contacts to create excellent customised itineraries to suit the needs of each group. Our local team in Tibet are highly experienced in working with young people and specialise in student tours. Their logistical support is second to none and ensures a smooth running and successful tour.
Are you ready to take your students on the trip of a lifetime? Contact Beyond The Clouds to get started, we’d love to hear from you.