Tiger's Nest Journey
This 6-night tour introduces you to beautiful Western Bhutan. Visit the iconic cliff hugging Tiger's Nest Monastery, experience Western Bhutan's stunning natural landscapes and ancient Buddhist temples. This is a great introduction to the Kingdom of Bhutan and it's people, taking in our most popular destinations.
6 NIGHT tour
DEPARTS: paro, bhutan
* Price based on twin share accommodation. Single room supplement available for US$45 per night, subject to availability.
Find out approximate trip price in your own currency here
- International airfare to Bhutan. (This can be arranged for you. Please contact us for details).
- Stopover hotel if needed
- Comprehensive travel insurance. Click here for an insurance quote.
- Additional activities e.g. massage, hot stone bath and some spa activities
- Alcoholic or soft drinks
- Tips for guide and driver
- Transport by private mini bus
- All meals, mineral water, tea and coffee
- 6 nights excellent hotel accommodation (5 star in Paro, and comfortable elsewhere)
- All entrance fees at monasteries and museums
- Bhutan visa, Bhutan government tourism royalties and local taxes
- English speaking Bhutanese guide
Your journey begins in the beautiful Paro valley where we stay in a stunning Bhutanese-style boutique hotel located on the edge of a forest. Wake up to breath-taking views of Himalayan peaks in your deluxe villa. Visit Paro Dzong, the National Museum and the famous Nyamai Zam Bridge.
Continue to Thimpu, one of the world’s smallest capital cities, and the only one in the world without traffic lights! Spend 2 nights in a stylish hotel which combines traditional architecture with excellent spa facilities.
From here, cross the scenic Dochu La Pass, offering stunning panoramic mountain views, to the fertile Punakha valley. Hike across the fields to Chimi Lakhang Monastery, one of the most revered temples in Bhutan before visiting the magnificent Punakha Dzong. Situated on the confluence of two rivers, this ancient monastery was built in 1637. Return by road to Paro and visit Taktshang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest), Bhutan’s most famous and iconic landmark. A hike up through blue pines, passing water powered prayer wheels, leads you to this ancient monastery clinging miraculously to a sheer cliff. The views are magnificent over the Paro valley, and the only sounds to be heard are prayer flags blowing in the wind.
Arrive in Paro, Bhutan: You will be met at the airport by your guide and travel to your hotel just outside Paro. Visit Paro Dzong, the National Museum and the famous Nyamai Zam Bridge. Altitude: 2,250 m Overnight: Paro.
Paro to Thimpu: Drive to Thimpu and visit Trashi Chhoe Dzong. Driving time: 1 hr Altitude: 2,350 m Overnight: Thimpu.
Thimpu: Visit Tthe Folk Heritage museum, National Library and the School of Traditional Arts and Crafts. If there is time, see Bhutan’s national animal the Takin, at the Takin reserve. Visit the Memorial Chorten and Buddha Point. Overnight: Thimpu.
Wangdue Phodrang: Travel from Thimpu via the DochuLa Pass (3,140m) to Punakha. Visit the Temple of Fertility at Chimi Lhakhang and then Punakha Dzong. Driving time: 2 hrs Altitude: 1,310 m Overnight: Wangdue Phodrang.
Paro: Return to Paro and visit Kyichu Lhakhang and Drukgyel Dzong. Driving time: 1 hr Altitude: 2,250 Overnight: Paro.
Paro: Tiger's Nest excursion. Overnight Paro.
NB: This trip can be extended by an extra night in Wangdue Phodrang.