Everest Base Camp Trek
The Everest Base Camp trek not only offers breath-taking scenery but unique Sherpa culture. Trekkers can visiti ancient monasteries and villages along the way. Walk through the Sherpa town of Namche Bazaar, visit the famous Tengboche Monastery before heading to Everest Base Camp. The natural beauty, fascinating culture and a personal sense of achievement, as well as warm Nepali hospitality, makes the Everest Base Camp trek one of the world’s most unforgettable treks.
Begin your journey in Kathmandu where there is time for sightseeing before flying to Tenzing-Hillary Airport at Lukla. Follow the Dudh Koshi River to the Sherpa town of Namche Bazaar where we rest before continuing to Tengboche Monastery and Dingboche.
Here we stop to acclimatize before continuing to Lobuche (4,930m) and onwards to Everest Base Camp (5,364m). Climb Kala Pattar (5,546m) for staggering views of the world's highest mountain. We descend through picturesque Sherpa villages to Lukla via Namche Bazaar before leaving the mountains behind for our return flight to Kathmandu
17 NIGHT TOUR WITH 13 NIGHT TREK
Maximum elevation: 5,535m
Level of difficulty: Medium to hard
Availability: March to May & September to November
* Price based on twin share accommodation. Single room supplement available subject to availability
Find out approximate trip price in your own currency here
- International airfare to Nepal
- Nepal tourist visa
- Comprehensive travel insurance. Click here for an insurance quote.
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic or soft drinks, including bottled water (we recommend using filters or supporting safe drinking water programme)
- Tips for trekking porters
- Return domestic flights from Kathmandu to Lukla
- All meals on the trek
- 4 nights accommodation in a comfortable hotel in Kathmandu
- 13 nights tea house lodge accommodation during the trek in twin/triple sharing and occasionally dormitory style.
- Trekking permits
- English speaking guide
- Guide and porters on the trek
Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and walk to Phakding. Altitude: 2,610 m.
Climb from Phakding / Monjo to Namche Bazaar. Altitude: 3,500 m.
Rest day in Namche Bazaar.
Trek from Namche to Tengboche. Visit Tengboche Monastery with panoramic views of the Himalayas. Altitude: 3,860 m.
Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche. Altitude: 4,240 m.
Rest day in Dingboche with hike to Chhukhung. Altitude: 4,600 m.
Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche via Kongma La Pass (5,535 m). Altitude: 4,925 m.
Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep, then climb to Kala Patar (5,540m) for sunset at the world’s best view of Everest! Back to Gorak Shep for the night. Altitude: 5,160 m.
Trek from Gorak Shep to Everest Base Camp (5,364m) then descend to Lobuche. Altitude: 4,940 m.
Trek from Lobuche to Pangboche. Altitude: 3,860 m.
Trek from Pangboche to Khumjung. Altitude: 3,780 m.
Trek from Kumjung to Monjo. Altitude: 2,850 m.
Trek from Monjo to Lukla. Altitude: 2,860 m.
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu.