The Jomolhari trek is Bhutan’s most famous, highlighting the great diversity that the Bhutanese landscape has to offer. Enjoy fabulous views of snow-capped mountains, walk through thick pine forests and alpine meadows that lead to the high pastures where yaks graze.
Our carefully planned 13 night Jomolhari trek and tour introduces you to Bhutan’s stunning natural environment, ancient Buddhist temples, well preserved unique traditions and friendly & hospitable local people. Depending on the time of year, attend one of Bhutan’s most colourful and sacred festivals. Experience this mystical Land of the Thunder Dragon, where monasteries are part of the mainstream and traditional culture, architecture and Buddhism thrive.
Trekking in Bhutan offers the most unique ways of trekking in the Himalayas. So come, get off the beaten track with Beyond The Clouds and immerse yourself in Bhutan's wonder on the Jomolhari Trek.
13 NIGHT TOUR WITH 8 NIGHT TREK
DEPARTS: paro, bhutan
Maximum elevation: 4,930m
Level of difficulty: Medium to hard
Availability: March - May & September November
* Price based on twin share accommodation. Single room supplement available subject to availability.
Find out approximate trip price in your own currency here
- International airfare to Bhutan. (This can be arranged for you. Please contact us for details).
- Stopover hotel if needed
- Comprehensive travel insurance. Click here for an insurance quote.
- Additional activities e.g. massage, hot stone bath and some spa activities
- Alcoholic or soft drinks
- Tips for trekking porters
- Transport by private mini bus
- All meals, mineral water, tea and coffee
- 5 nights excellent hotel accommodation, including 2 nights in a luxury boutique hotel and spa
- 8 nights fully serviced camping trek
- Bhutan visa, Bhutan government tourism royalties and local taxes
- English speaking Bhutanese guide
- All entrance fees at monasteries and museums
Arrive in Paro, Bhutan: You will be met at the airport by your guide and travel to your hotel just outside Paro. Visit Paro Dzong, the National Museum and the famous Nyamai Zam Bridge. Overnight: Paro.
Paro: Tiger's Nest excursion. Overnight: Paro.
Paro to Gunitsawa Village to Sharna Zampa: Drive to start of the trek. Walking time: 40 mins Altitude: 2,850 m Overnight: Camp
Trek from Sharna Zampa to Thangthangkha Walking time: 7-8 hrs Altitude: 3,610 m Overnight: Camp
Trek from Thangthangkha to Jangothang Walking time: 5-6 hrs Altitude: 4,080 m Overnight: Camp
Jangothang: Rest day with day hike.
Trek from Jangothang to Lingshi Walking time: 6-7 hrs Altitude: 3,800 m Overnight: Camp
Trek from Lingshi to Shodu Walking time: 8-9 hrs Altitude: 4,080 m Overnight: Camp
Trek from Shodu to Barshong Walking time: 5-6 hrs Altitude: 3,710 m Overnight: Camp
Trek from Barshong to Dolam Kencho Walking time: 4-6 hrs Altitude: 3,220 m Overnight: Camp
Trek from Dolam Kencho to Dodena Walking time: 4-6 hrs Overnight: Thimpu.
Thimpu: City walk and visit Trashi Chhoe Dzong Thimpu: Visit the Memorial Chorten, Buddha Point, Folk Heritage museum, National Library and the School of Traditional Arts and Crafts. Overnight: Thimpu.
Paro: Drive from Thimpu to Paro. Visit Kyichu Lhakhang and final sightseeing in Paro. Overnight: Paro
NB: The October itinerary will visit The National Musuem on Day 13 and visit Kyichu Lhakhang on Day 1